Environmental communication is a practical discipline that enables understanding of complex environmental issues and strengthens the role of individuals and organizations in environmental governance. Environmental communication serves to raise awareness, change behaviour, influence public opinion, advocate for policies, address conflicts and pass legislation.
We provide the non-degree Online Programme on Environmental Communication to educate pioneers of environmental communicators in all sectors of society – civil society, businesses, media, academia and government. The citizens` involvement in environmental management and protection depend, largely, on their level of awareness about environmental issues. By increasing availability of and access to environmental information, citizens can become an important non-state actor against the environmental degradation and climate change.
Who can attend our programme?
All interested to participate in public environment protection discussions from diverse academic levels and backgrounds:
- Citizens and Civic Initiatives – who demand solutions by the public officials about local environment problems and who organize other citizens to take action.
- Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) – who inform, raise awareness, and suggest solutions to sustainability and environmental problems.
- Educators, Researchers and Scientists – who are advisors and communicators of their findings in published reports, editorials, blogs, documentaries, and more.
- Public Officials and Politicians – who make environmental information accessible and foster wider support in creating environmental policies and implementation of legislation and policy objectives.
- Businesses – who impact the business sector in regards to their interests in the environmental sphere, from lobbying governments on decision making to promoting public relations through campaigns.
- Journalists and Communication Practitioners – who share information and amplify voices of citizens, public officials, corporate spokespersons and academics for holding governments and industries accountable, supporting critical thinking and judgments, and influencing public attitudes and decisions about environmental matters.
Why choose our programme?
The five HEIs bring to this programme their significant experience in environment and communication, access to diverse expertise and knowledge, and networking at national, regional and international level.
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia and Herzegovina